Here are some Frequently Asked Questions designed to help you understand more about what we do.
- I usually drive my mother to her medical appointments in town but I have to go away for work. Can you help?
Yes that’s fine, all you have to do is call our friendly office staff on 1800 781 033 and answer a few questions about how we can meet your needs. It may be that we will need to schedule a brief phone appointment with one of our intake and assessment officers and then we can get you underway.
- What happens if I’m in the car and I need to stop off on the way home to collect something?
That’s fine. As long as it doesn’t impact the driver’s next pickup, our drivers are more than happy to help you out.
- My father has a new hip and is in recovery. The last couple of weeks I have noticed he becomes a little disorientated. How will I know that he gets to and from his appointments safely?
All our drivers have mobile numbers and can contact staff at the various locations each of our staff members attend. However, depending on his level of disorientation he may require a companion carer. It is always best to check with a CTST coordinator and they will be able to help.
- I’ve just been diagnosed as being legally blind. Since my wife passed away I can no longer get to the shop. Can you help?
Yes, we’re more than happy to help. All you have to do is call 1800 781 033 and we do our best to get you where you need to be.
- Since my hip replacement I find it too difficult to go bowling but I miss all my friends down at the club. Can you help?
Yes, if you’re over 65, all you have to do is call up and ask about how we can help. Many of our consumers use our service for non-medical appointments. In fact, we regularly run social buses to local events, lunches, weekend sporting matches etc. We believe it is important that if there is somewhere you want to go, we will do our best to get you where you need to be.
- I’ve just injured my arm and I need to have physical therapy for the next six weeks after which time I should be able to drive again. Can you help?
Yes, if you are over 65 we can definitely help. Many of our consumers initially begin using our service for medical appointments but find it to be such an enjoyable and convenient service that they join in on the many social outings we have available each week.
- I live in Devonport and I need to see my doctor in Hobart on the third Friday of every month for treatment. Can you help?
Yes, our service is state-wide and our rates are very affordable. Please call us on 1800 781 033 to find out how we can help.
- How do I pay for your services?
Most of our consumers receive a monthly invoice for transport with CTST.