CTST staff, drivers, and passengers all have rights and responsibilities
Care is taken by our drivers to maintain a professional relationship with passengers – and we would like to thank you for helping us to create a safe, comfortable and happy service and work environment.
Your Rights as a CTST passenger
- We will treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect.
- We will respect and support your identity, culture, and diversity.
- Your service will be provided in a safe and competent manner by knowledgeable, capable, and caring staff and drivers in accordance with CTST policies and procedures.
- We will keep you informed, consult you, and support you to exercise choice.
- We will treat your personal and confidential information with sensitivity. We will collect, store and use your information responsibly.
- We welcome all ideas, suggestions, and comments. We will encourage, support, and help you to provide feedback or make complaints. You are welcome to have someone speak on your behalf and making a complaint will not affect the way you are treated.
What you can expect from CTST
- A courteous and friendly driver
- A safe and comfortable trip to and from your destination
- Support and assistance from our office staff with a focus on safety and quality
- Easy-to-understand information
- To be listened to and understood
What we expect from our passengers
- Treat CTST staff, drivers, and other passengers with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Behave in a sober, polite, and safe manner – complying with driver instructions
- Be respectful of others’ privacy
- Be ready to be flexible about pickup and drop-off times – remembering that our vehicles usually carry more than one passenger
- Give as much notice of your need to travel as possible
- Provide the appointment time and exact address for your appointments
- Give as much notice as possible for cancellations
- Inform us immediately if your circumstances change, including:
- Any change to your contact details
- Any change in access to your property or your driveway
- If you are no longer able to travel without assistance including entering and exiting the vehicle and for the duration of a journey
- Any new mobility equipment used or a change to the equipment used
- Any change to your Emergency Contact details
- Not wilfully damage CTST vehicles
- Not distract your driver or behave in a loud or disruptive manner
- Never ask drivers to enter your home or any building at your destination
- Not eat or drink in the vehicle – other than water bottles, which are permitted
- Not smoke in the vehicle or within 5 metres of the vehicle
- Not contact drivers directly other than calling a vehicle phone to confirm pick-up when this number has been provided to you by your driver
- Not offer money or gifts to staff or drivers
Click here to read through the full CTST Passenger Rights & Responsibilities document.